Congratulations – You are ready to begin the home buying process! Whatever you’ve been dreaming of, whether it’s that castle in Ireland, a private island in the Caribbean perfect for building the perfect mansion or maybe something a little more realistic like a three bedroom, two bath in a specific neighborhood, the team here at RMG Real Estate Experts is ready, willing, and able to help you through the process! For a quick overview of the process, let’s review the steps and then you can give us a call to talk more details 🙂
- Interview and sign with a buyers’ real estate agent that can walk through whole process. There are several agents in the area that want to help and RMG would love the chance to be interviewed to represent you as a buyer. Call us at (907) 562-INFO (4636) to set up an appointment. After an initial phone conversation, we can continue moving forward with the process.
- Get pre-qualified on a home loan – We work closely with lenders that have your best interest in mind and are happy to put you in touch with lending professionals that will work with us through the home buying process. This way we can know a price range to begin looking in so we can…..
- Figure out exactly what you’re looking for in a home buying consultation with your buyers’ representative. You most likely have an idea of what you want (i.e. you’re looking for a great three-bedroom starter home in a certain neighborhood and not just dreaming about your castle in Ireland….
- Select properties to view – Our buyers’ agent team members can help set you up with emails of properties that meet the criteria you’re looking for!
- View those properties (this is the fun part!) You and your buyers’ agent will go check out some of the listings that have caught your eye. And while you’re there make sure to bring the following things on your property tour:
- Notebook & pencil/pen – make sure to write down the property address you’re viewing so you don’t get the homes’ features mixed up.
- Camera to snap photos of distinguished features
- Measuring tape (does your favorite floral sofa even fit in the living room space?!)
- Snack/beverage – no one wins when you’re “hangry” (hungry/angry) and viewing homes
- Full tank of gas – hitchhiking to your next showing isn’t the most effective strategy
- Entertainment for the kids – Rubik’s cube for the win!
- The next steps can be a little confusing, so we highly recommend keeping lines of communication wide open with your buyers’ agent. The general jist of the rest of the process goes like so:
- Write an offer to purchase your home
- Negotiate Terms
- Accept the contract
- Obtain Funds for Closing
- Close on the property
And finally, MOVE IN DAY! You have the keys, so take possession of your new house and begin making it your home! Many times during the course of a transaction, buyers’ agents become the biggest supporters of our clients-turned-friends and we celebrate the success of a closed real estate transaction. We are in this as part of your team and want to make sure your first home-buying process goes smoothly. Oh, and if you are the person that buys the island in the Caribbean, feel free to invite us to your housewarming party 😉