Summer is here! It’s an exciting time to be selling your home in Anchorage. Inventory is on the low side and as a result home buyers are waiting to for the perfect home to make a quick move. If you’re thinking of selling your house, or already have your home on the market and it is not selling as quickly as you would like, make sure to follow the tips below in order to sell before the end of summer:
Selling in Summer
The right time to sell is now due to agreeable interest rates, low inventory, high demand and the buyer’s need to purchase before the school year. For all the buyers relocating to Anchorage, the need to settle down before the end of summer is highly evident, so if your home is prepared to sell and move-in ready, it is an excellent time for your home to hit the market.
Incentivize Your Sale
If you’re serious about selling your home, and need an extra push in order to sell in a tight timeframe, these incentives will attract the attention of buyers, and may result in a faster sale:
- Offer one-year of the paid home warranty at closing. The one-year home warranty looks very attractive for buyers who are leery about making home improvements during the first year in their new home.
- Consider offering a decor or maintenance allowance. A one-year warranty isn’t the only incentive that will attract the right buyer. A decor or maintenance allowance is a sum of money given at the close of the sale, to lessen the burden of any necessary updates or renovations. This may be particularly attractive if your home isn’t a turn-key property.
Sprucing Up Your Property
Curb appeal is such an important part of making a sale, and staging is equally important. Follow these tips to keep your home in tip-top condition for buyers:
- Keep up with your lawn care. Remember, a buyer could drive by your home at any time. Keep your grass mowed, trees trimmed and flowers watered.
- Clean the exterior and interior of your home. Spray down the outside of your house with a power washer, and clean the inside until the appliances shine. This may be a good time to have your home professionally cleaned, if you don’t do this regularly.
- Let the natural light in. Heavy drapes and dark colors can give your home a strange atmosphere that wards off buyers, and may make it difficult for buyers to see the true condition of your home’s interior. If you’re hoping for a fast sale, take down heavy drapes and consider painting the walls with light, neutral colors.
- Make your home comfortable and welcoming. Make sure your outdoor furniture is clean and ready, turn up the air conditioning for open house events, to ensure that visitors feel comfortable as they walk around your home. Consider having summer drinks and snack prepared in order to have guests linger and browse for a little bit longer. These little touches will leave buyers with a favorable impression that could lead to a sale.
Ask your real estate agent for more tips about how to make your home more attractive to buyers. With small financial incentives, extra curb appeal and some clever staging, you could be selling your home by the end of the summer. For more information on selling your home, please do not hesitate to contact us.